Saturday 4 January 2014

Let It Begin!

So it's officially 2014! A new year, and the start to The Charity Shop Challenge! I went charity shop shopping for the first time this year today as I have been busy working like every day, except yesterday but I was off ill.. :( But today I felt better and Dad took me to my nearest town, they have lots of charity shops there, more than normal shops! Like there is no normal clothes shop really, which used to be annoying but now it's very handy!

I went to Sue Ryder and it was a bit traumatic because some old lady fell over on the step going in to the shop and banged her head and the paramedics had to come and I was right next to her, so that was sad. But I did find some stuff. They were having a sale which is always good.

I found a grey dress with one floaty sleeve and one sleeveless side. I don't really like the whole one sleeve thing so want to cut it off.. it was only £2.25 though, and it's Topshop. If I cut it I will upload a pic.

I also got a wooly red scarf originally from Sainsburys for £1.50 which has little pockets for your hands in it each side! It's really long and thick and I've been looking for a thicker longer one as my tartan one isn't keeping me very warm atm. I did get 2 wooly scarves for Christmas but they all go with different things so it's nice to have a choice!


The next things I picked up were all books as they were all 50p. I love Charity Shops for books because I figure you can't go wrong really, especially for that price! If I don't like the books then I don't lose much!
I got :Stories We Could Tell by Tony Parsons
        Confessions Of A Working Girl by Miss S
         A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
and a little display book of comic keep calm and carry on quotes but tbh I wish they weren't comic.. because I don't find them that funny but I have kept it on 'When life gives you lemons have a gin and tonic.'

I went to a few other charity shops after this but didn't get anything in the next 2, just one thing in a charity shop  which I can't remember the name of annoyingly! I found a kaleidoscopey/mirrored print midi/mini body con dress which is really pretty and not usually what I go for as I haven't worn a bodycon dress in a really long time but I really like it :) I am hoping to go out on Friday so shall where it then I think :) with some tights and black heels :)

I shall be uploading some more blog posts recently, showing pictures from Christmas and stuff hopefully :) and some more ootds :)
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment