Wednesday 15 January 2014

Dressy dresses (charity shop buys)

So I haven't got a huge time to go charity shop shopping all the time because I work a lot during the week but I figured I would go to some on my lunch break, the ones that I went to the other day with Matt because I found some quite good stuff! So I did and I found 2 dresses in British Heart Foundation..

The first is velvet and is a skater style but with cut out sides. I have never owned anything velvet or anything cut out so it was a bit of a risky purchase! It's a bit loose but it's comfy and I feel really girly in it and it's my favourite go to colour! :D


Testing it out with my hat :)


Showing the cut out at the side. I have a red bra on in this picture and you can't really see it which is good! it's a little ill fitting at the top around my boobs and around the waist but still so comfy and pretty that I still really like it..


Hangin'


I like it with a necklace because as it's a bit ill fitting at the top it draws the attention away from the baggyness and it also looks pretty with my trusty zebra.

The next dress I got is super cute and less clubby like. It's more presentable and would possibly be better for a meal with the family, a wedding or a christening..
It's baby pink with black buttons, black collar, long sleeves and pleats at the bottom. It's super adorable. It's well fitted, a bit too much atm possibly, and I don't usually wear long sleeves in dresses but I thought it was really nice so I'll give it ago and think I will wear it for my niece's christening in April!

Pretty girly pleated bottom, makes me feel like someone from Heartbeat!




Ahhhh collar and buttons ahhhh cuteness overload :D



The velvet dress was £6.99 and the pink dress was £4.99 so a little expensive for charity shops but cheap if you think about buying them in normal shops! I was pretty happy with my lunch break purchases and plan to wear the velvet one tomorrow night as I'm going out after work :) So will take some more photos then, oh and sorry that my facial expressions in these photos are really weird.. 
:) xx

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog! That second dress is so super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanyou Molly!! :) I'm really enjoying doing the blog atm :)

    ReplyDelete